Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Workin' At The Car Wash, Yeah!


I am very cautious at the car wash - and a bit paranoid. I can get hyper focused on the details and not see someone come up behind me, I am not in the most lady like positions as I clean, and these places aren't the center of security. So today, I am there, being cautious, but vacuuming and working away. And this man comes up behind me and gently says, "Mam?" and I come about 6 feet off the ground - straight into the air, wheel around and scream, "AAAAAHHHH!!" then pause to see the source, and promptly yell, "WHAT!" This man was totally terrified. He backed up about 3 or four feet and sweetly said, "I just wondered if you have the time. I'm sorry" and I said - actually I yelled, "NO! I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME RIGHT NOW!" He was a small black man, dressed in a black suit, white shirt and tie with a hat and a leather briefcase. I think he turned white right there in the car wash. My guess is that his question was meant as an opening to witness. He walked on toward Home Depot, and didn't stop to ask the employee there what time it was.


Don't be talkin' to me at the car wash!