Sunday, May 6, 2007

Disaster Junkie


Once again I am amazed at the Lord's power as displayed in weather. Greensburg, KS looks similar to the way Moore, OK did in 1999 (photo of Moore at the right). My heart goes out to these people. The whole entire town has been evacuated - and why not? There is no building left to be in...and then a second wave of tornado's came through the area again the next day. I feel like they are 'my people' in a couple of ways: one - that I was raised in the beautiful state of Kansas, and two - that they are disaster victims. I am sure they feel similar to earthquake victims when there are aftershocks. I don't think it is trite to ask you to pray for them. These little town emergency workers have seen things they wished they had never seen...my heart is in Kansas today....